M’sian Man Desperately Urges PDRM To Amplify Search For His Son Who Was ‘Kidnapped’ 7 Years Ago

source: FMT

Following one of the most harrowing ordeals a parent could face, 59-year-old Lam Ah Choy continues his efforts to locate his son who was allegedly kidnapped in Pudu 7 years ago. His son, Kim Ming, was only five years old at the time.

Lam explained that he had filed 12 police reports over the course of Kim Ming’s disappearance, but to no avail, adding that the incident occurred while having a meal together at a restaurant along Wisma Indah on Jalan Tun Razak.

Lam had gone to retrieve an item from his car and came back to an empty seat.

As reported by FMT, leaders of the Parti Rakyat Malaysia (PRM) went with him to deliver to the police a memo requesting the formation of a response team to look into the disappearance.

source: Berita Harian

Lam, who currently works as a driver, encouraged the authorities to consult with the immigration division to determine whether Kim Ming was still present within the nation. This request was received by Khalidatulakmal Ismail, the media communications officer for Bukit Aman.

PRM spokesperson S Manikavasagam also expressed regret that Lam was still yearning for his only child six years later, with not a single indication of his possible whereabouts.

“Despite his filing 12 police reports, the child has not yet been located. I kindly request that the police set up a special group to investigate this case,” he stated.

UPDATE: Netizens have responded to the matter by pointing out that the case is more of a family matter rather than an unexplained kidnapping. It is alleged that Kim Ming’s mother, an Indonesian national, had been the one to ‘abduct’ the child to bring him back to Indonesia.

Four months later, Lim got a call from his wife’s friend offering to divulge where his wife and son were in exchange for around 5,000 ringgit (US$1,167). He dialled the cops after refusing to pay.

On June 28, 2016, two men begged Lim to retract the police report, all while sending his wife and son home. His wife left the house with their son for the third time two days later; and Lim lost touch with them since then.

He asked Datuk Seri Michael Chong, head of the MCA Public Services and Complaints Department, earlier this month for assistance in finding his former wife. Additionally, he shared notes regarding the case on a Facebook page.

However, someone reportedly attempted to obstruct his search by falsely claiming that his son had been found.

Lim says that he had searched for his son in numerous isolated locations where the kid had allegedly ‘appeared’ but was ultimately unable to locate the child.

He worries about his son’s security and is still seeking help from authorities to locate his son and former wife.