The Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) took effect on 4 May 2020 (Monday), which means most businesses aside from essential businesses have been given the green light from the government. This includes the re-opening of domestic flights for those required to travel for work.
Malaysia Airports has released a guideline on their standard operating procedure during the CMCO by implementing additional precautionary measures to ensure the safety of the passengers and crew onboard. With the re-opening of certain domestic flight routes, they are expecting an increase of passengers in the comings weeks.
Here are the guidelines:
1. All passengers are required to wear a face mask before entering the terminal building and will not be permitted to enter without one.
KUL have enforced limited entry and exit points where the Aviation Security team will screen passengers before entering the terminal. Here are the checkpoint locations:
a) KLIA Main Terminal
- Door 2 & 3, Level 1, Main Terminal Building
- ERL entry from the north entrance, Level 1, Main Terminal Building
- Link-Bridge, Level 2, Block B & C, Short Term Car Park
- Door 2 & 5, Level 3, Main Terminal Building
- Door 2 & 3 and Door 5 & 6, Level 5, Main Terminal Building
b) klia2 Terminal
- Main entrance and exit point, Departure and Arrival Level
c) [email protected] shopping mall (Screening will be manned by the shopping mall’s security team)
- Door 2, Level 1
- Entrance from Tune Hotel Link Bridge, Level 1M
- Door 2 / Car Park A Lift Lobby/ Car Park B Lift Lobby, Level 2
- Door 2, Level 3
Face masks can be purchased from the temporary pharmacy kiosks located at Level 5, Main Terminal Building between Door 4 and 5 at the kerbside and the link bridges of Block B and C on Level 2 of the Short Term Car Park in KLIA Main. As for klia2 terminal, you can purchase them at any of the pharmacies at [email protected] shopping mall.
2. Only passengers with a valid flight ticket or boarding pass will be allowed to enter the terminal. All meeters and greeters will not be allowed into the terminal. For klia2 terminal, meeters and greeters are only allowed access up to [email protected] shopping mall.
3. All departing passengers will have to go through temperature screening before being allowed to enter the terminal building. Passengers with a body temperature of more than 37.5 degrees celsius will not be allowed to continue their journey.
4. Passengers will need to maintain a 1-meter gap wherever they are in the terminal and observe the social distancing markers that have been placed at common facilities including the travellator, escalator, lift and at the seating area.
5. Make use of the clean washrooms to wash your hands as many times as possible before and after your flight. Hand sanitisers are also placed throughout the terminal for your convenience.
6. Departing passengers are advised to arrive at least 3 hours before their flight to avoid any inconveniences in light of the implementation of the additional procedures.
All airports have been disinfected and sanitation activities are constantly being carried out since the COVID-19 outbreak. Passengers are advised to adjust to the new normal of travelling and follow all procedures to curb the spread of the virus.
For more information on safety measures on board, kindly refer to your airline.