1. We all agree that nasi lemak is our unofficial national dish
There’s no other dish that truly represents Malaysia!
2. You can have it anytime of the day- breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
3. You readily take any condiment your friend doesn’t want in their nasi lemak
4. You’re willing to line up for a long time just to get your nasi lemak from your favourite gerai
5. Even the Mak Cik and Pak Cik already know you and your family’s usual order
They’re basically a family friend because you’ve been buying from them since childhood.
6. You’ve gotten into at least one argument with people over which is the best nasi lemak around
7. It’s the first Malaysian dish you introduce to your foreign friend when they come to visit
8. You’re always the first to try out any new nasi lemak in town…
9. And have a hard time choosing from your long checklist of all the nasi lemak places you wanna try
10. Ice cream, cheesecake, burger… You’re excited to try all the nasi lemak-flavoured everything!
11. You get sooo defensive when people outside Malaysia eat nasi lemak the wrong way
NiCe TrY, but just no.
12. You willingly pay for an expensive plate of plain nasi lemak overseas just because you crave a taste of home
Broke, but satisfied. :’)
13. Lastly, you secretly want this for your next birthday cake!
You don’t have to travel long distances to hunt down good nasi lemak anymore! It’s now super easy to fulfill all your cravings, with the recently launched Nasi Lemak McD, now available at all McDonald’s outlets around Malaysia.
It consists of all the classic elements that make up a great plate of nasi lemak – fragrant coconut rice, crispy fried ikan bilis, a perfect fried egg, all topped off with a delightfully spicy sambal. Plus, it’s served with the irresistible spicy Ayam Goreng McD, making it that much more awesome!
The new Nasi Lemak McD will definitely satisfy even the biggest nasi lemak lovers. Try it for yourself today!
Knowing Malaysians’ undying love for nasi lemak, McDonald’s Malaysia has kickstarted an initiative to start a petition to get it acknowledged as our national dish!
As a true representation of Malaysia and it’s unity of diverse cultures, there’s no better candidate.
The aim is to get 1 million signatures by Malaysia Day (16 September 2019), so if you love nasi lemak sign the petition today and spread the word to your family and friends!
This story was originally published on SAYS.