Welp! ‘Yo’ Mama’ jokes have been around since forever. Even the OG Shakespeare brought it to the table ages ago – like so;
Painter: “Y’are a dog.”
Apemantus: “Thy mother’s of my generation. What’s she, if I be a dog?”
– Act I Scene 1 of Timon of Athens
Basically, the proto-standup comedian Apermantus is calling the painter’s mother a bitch. Lol.
Now, Malaysia has finally reached the peak of civilisation with its first ever Yo Mama Battle at The Bee, Publika this December. So, be prepared to bring your A-game and get ready to spit out your best ‘Yo’ Mama’ jokes as one secret person and the crowd will be the judge for the day.
The format of the show goes like this:
– 1-versus-1 with each contestant getting three (3) tries.
– Final round would be five (5) tries instead.
– Flip a coin to see who goes first.
– Fact checkers will be present to make sure no one uses internet material.
– Contestants will be able to bring one hype man (though not a necessity).
– Winner will be decided on crowd reaction plus one (1) secret judge.
– There are no limits on what to say as long as it’s tasteful (as tasteful as ‘Yo’ Mama’ jokes can get).
– There will be a friendly handshake or a hug at the end to show there are no hard feelings.
Wanna be a viewer or you’re looking for a good laugh? Reserve seats through the same way.
For more events to attend, find some here.