Located within the contemporary space of Tiffin At The Yard, Sentul Depot, BEYOND is KL’s latest experiential affair that merges the best of local art, music, and food under one roof — happening from 3 November onwards.
Not to be mistaken with Tiffin Food Court in PJ, you may recall this historic building from some of the city’s trendiest events in previous years.
And as the world slowly but surely gets back into a groove, there’s no better way to jumpstart your senses than with a fun night out, dressed up (and face masked) — wining and dining, while bopping to cool music by talented local artists. Ahh, surely you’ve missed this too? :’)
Since we’re living in different times now, remember to adhere to necessary SOPs. 😉
Catch a sneak peek of BEYOND in the video below:
Here’s everything you can look forward to at BEYOND:
1. Creative cocktail concoctions by Dissolved Solids
Helming the BEYOND Bar, mixologists Tracia Chan and Jack Lai are serving up an inventive cocktail menu that incorporates Malaysian botanicals and flavours.
From Coco Pandan Chiffon, a yummy blend that includes rum and coconut liquer, to Grapefruit Laksa, which features daun kesum infused gin, the talented duo reinterpret local ingredients for a surprise in every sip. Cocktails àla creamy pandan sponge cake, anyone?
Oh, and if you don’t drink, there’s no need to sweat ’cause the bar also serves pandan chiffon and grapefruit mocktails. 😉
2. Beautifully curated food menus that feature 100% locally-sourced ingredients
The BEYOND food menu boasts tasty grub from bright chefs, such as Christian Recomio of Alta and Daniel Yap of Gooddam.
With a total of six items for you to sample, Recomio and Yap have come up with three dishes each to serve from their respective kitchen stations at BEYOND.
Combining European flair with Malaysian flavours and ingredients, here’s what’s on the menu:
– House focaccia with salsa verde, whipped buffalo ricotta, and pickled zucchini
Beyond the Burger
– #Altaburger sambal atas (a tongue-in-cheek version of the meaty Ramly beef burger)
– Maritozzo Italian sweet bun, caramalised water chestnut, and oolong cream
– Local herb cured salmon on potato ‘nest’, with passionfruit aioli
– Roasted duck agnolotti, tomato passata, and Buddha’s hand citrus
– Salted coconut panna cotta, snow, roselle jam, and pandan oil
3. Cool art installations that you can admire AND use as aesthetic backdrops for photo ops
Showcasing artwork from four Malaysian artists — XiaYi, Shakir, Tottie, and Sputnik Forest Labs — you can take in the sights of these installations, scattered throughout the expansive space. Plus, you can get creative with your poses for some Instagram-worthy shots too. 😀
Look out for the man-made forest from Sputnik Forest Labs, a multidisciplinary design Penang-based studio, or Tottie’s mobile art described as tangible imaginations. There’s also XiaYi’s photography exhibition inspired by film negatives from her childhood, and a moody light projection show that cascades on flowy white fabric by Shakir, so you’ll be able to capture a variety of artistic photos.
Here’s the list of art installations you can check out:
- Scene A by Sputnik Forest
- Kinetic Art structures by Tottie
- Time Machine and photography display by XiaYi
- Fabric Projection Alley by Shakir
Simply scan the QR codes next to the art displays if you’d like to learn more about the artist and their inspiration behind each piece.
4. An exclusive AR Instagram filter that you can have fun with
Perfect for enjoying with your friends, you can scan and download this exclusive AR filter on Instagram when you head up to the lounge area (where you can also find the bar). Done in collaboration with local artist Tottie, you can expect it to look super cool.
Want a chance to win a complimentary drink from the bar? Post a snippet using the BEYOND Sensations filter on Instagram, tag @Beyond.MY and add the hashtags #BeyondMY, #BeyondSenses, and #BeyondMalaysia to join the excitement.
5. There’s more fun to catch! You can participate in the Eye of the Mind game too.
What you see is a matter of perspective, right? Test out your eyes with this game, which you’ll be able to find and participate in at the BEYOND Lounge upstairs.
You’ll have 30 seconds to figure out the words from an illusion displayed on a screen. A series of illusions will play each time the game starts. And if you don’t get it right the first time, you’ll have several chances to try again throughout the night. 😉
Catch a glimpse of the game below:
6. On top of everything else, you can chill and vibe to music from local musicians like NYK, Roshan, and AFARO
You can show your appreciation for homegrown artists in an intimate setting at BEYOND. From NYK’s FWB and Daylight, to Roshan’s Forbidden Fruit, and AFARO’s 2019 single Cloud Nine, expect to groove to original music by these talented musicians.
All in all, BEYOND promises a unique sensorial adventure, comprising four main elements — touch, sight, taste, and sound
Tiffin at the Yard,
Sentul Depot, Sentul West,
51100 Kuala Lumpur,
Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur