Fathers Jump Off KKB 60-Metre Bridge With Child In Hand

(source: SAYS)

Last Sunday, an outdoor adventure group Rentas Adventure, posted two videos on their Instagram account of fathers jumping off a 60-metre high bridge in an extreme rope swing activity at Kuala Kubu Bharu with their children.

Both the videos have been viewed about 70k altogether and sparked outrage among netizens. The fathers have been accused with “endangering their children’s lives”. It is learnt that both the father and children were strapped in safety harnesses.

Apparently, one of the fathers involved – Mohd Redha Rozlan is the first Malaysian on Ninja Warrior and also a Fear Factor Malaysia champion. He claimed that his daughter asked to do the jump with him, adding that he didn’t force her. He also defended Rentas Adventures, saying that the company was certified and licensed to organise the extreme sports activities for participants.

Take a look at the two videos down below and judge for yourself:

In a report by NST, the Federal Minister of Women, Family and Community Development, Rohani Abdul Karim, said that she was shocked to see the video. Adding that taking part in such extreme sports with children was “not something to be proud of.”

She also stated that the fathers could be investigated under Section 31 (1) (a) of the Child Act 2001 for exposing their children to physical and emotional danger.

“I urge the public to report such cases to the authorities, as provided under Section 29A of the Child Act 2001,” she said.

Founder of Rentas Adventure, Mohd Syafiq Azmi responded to the incident by assuring that the extreme rope swing stunt is “safe” and that all safety aspects had been looked into by qualified parties like National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and Malaysia Challenge Course Association (MCCA).

(source: Rentas FB)

“We have applied for permission from not only the Hulu Selangor District Council but also the Public Works Department (PWD) and Drainage and Irrigation Department (DID). The rope swing activity will be officially launched next month,” Shafiq added.

JUICE thinks that our number one priority should always be to keep our kids safe. Do you think there should be a minimum age limit? Let us know in the comments.

For more news, click here.