Like many social media trends, Facebook confession pages are considered a norm for every university in Malaysia. One of the first things you do when you enrol for university, is head to the search bar on Facebook and look up for the university’s confession page. Then, you proceed to scroll for an hour looking at all the comments posted. The more you scroll, the more you question the sanity of today’s university students, because seriously, there are some very weird shit going on there.
Here are some of the most perplexing and jaw dropping recent confessions we found:
1.Well… to each his own, right? But still…
2. Girl, temp down those hormones, it’s perfectly normal to not want sex.
3. Okay… good to know?
4. Interesting theory you got there…
5. RIP dear friend.
6. All types of water are entitled to equality guys. Seriously.
7. “Evil monster just go away,” enough said.
8. This here. Solid. Dedication. You go professor! #madrespect
9. Communication is key, lovebirds.
10. Must. Resist. Temptation.
12. Play nice kids, play nice.
13. You timed it…? Yikes.
14. The Sahara desert though… really?
15. *fumes silently in rage*
16. That’s a pretty detailed description…
17. “Siri, how do you delete someone else’s Facebook post?”
18. What did I just read…?
19. Girls, drop that kid, find yourself a man.
20. Technically, dogs don’t serve humans, they get belly rubs and play fetch.
Confession pages are highly amusing to read at times, and most of the time they’re actually useful. With confession pages, you can get advices from fellow students, look for a missing item, get cheered up when you’re feeling low, put up advertisements, and even make someone’s day by cracking a joke.
On the flip side, confession pages could also potentially become very toxic when admins fail to filter through the things posted up everyday. Posting personal thoughts on confession pages can result to severe cyber bullying and actually ruin a person’s life. Slut-shaming, body-shaming, extreme criticism, false news and rumours, racism, sexism, LGBT discrimination, those are real life encounters you witness happening on university confession pages.
It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt, and sometimes, words are the most life-threatening weapons out there. That said, university confession page administrators play an essential role in keeping things in hand, and we can’t emphasise enough how important it is to be cautious with what you post.
All in all, dear students, let’s try to temp it all down a notch, yeah?