In today’s edition of ‘What Went On’, JUICE found out that Kendrick Lamar’s hot new album cover is shaking up the meme-sphere (we’ve got photos for y’all), and a few movie-related news for film junkies out there. New music from rapper Logic is also to be expected, so read more to know about his collaboration with some big names.
• The Fifth Element might’ve had mixed reviews when it was out in 1997, but the movie starring Bruce Willis is undeniably one of the most iconic sci-fi films of recent times. To celebrate its 20th anniversary, the cult classic will be returning to American cinemas with a 4k restoration. Fret not locals, it’ll be released to home media in the summer, so that means we’ll be getting higher-res versions soon enough via Internet and DVD.
• Henry Cavill is born to play Superman, according to these images that surfaced on the net-sphere showing the handsome actor in Superman’s original costume, way before the modern version graced our eyes in Man of Steel. Director Zack Snyder commented, “He put it on and when he came out of the trailer, everyone was like, ‘Dang, you’re Superman!'”
— Adam Hlavac (@adamhlavac) April 7, 2017
• A new book by Ben Greenman will feature legendary artiste Prince in a complex light that involves themes of race, identity, gender, and the overall multiplicities of Prince. Other than being known for his music, the ‘Purple Rain’ singer has shattered ideologies and inspired many to cross borders in the broad spectrum of sexuality and life.
• The release of Thor: Ragnarok‘s trailer shows us a lot of cool things to look forward to because Chris Hemsworth (what else?), and the first female villain in a Marvel film, Hela, played by Cate Blanchett. On her character, Blanchett shares, “I think finally it’s beginning to be acknowledged that women and men want to see a diverse array of characters.” The movie opens in cinemas at the end of 2017.
• Maryland rapper Logic presents a brand spanking new record titled Everybody, which features a few names like Juicy J, Alessia Cara, Khalid, and Neil deGrasse. The track list that he uploaded on Instagram also includes unexpected names like actor Ansel Elgort and solemn British singer Lucy Rose. Everybody drops on 5 May ’17.
• Kendrick Lamar finally showed us his album artwork for his latest record, and DAMN is it meme-worthy. Unsure if it’s intentionally made for memes, but it sure does feel like a brilliant marketing strategy for the rapper who seems like he’s had it with the internet based on his expression on the album cover. Here are some of hot reaction memes made out of DAMN.:
new kendrick lamar shit cant wait cant believe he brougth on the man mhimself “Dam DAnbel” the myth., the legend. tbhe meme. the l egend. t pic.twitter.com/wDDqgJAi97
— Max Henderson (@LandyRS) April 11, 2017
“I’m pregnant….and I’m keeping it” pic.twitter.com/Ql7Shlb3X0
— LIL DRACO (@Mayberrykush) April 11, 2017
When you look at your checking account after a long weekend of bad decisions. pic.twitter.com/0oENDF1ltV
— Chile Limon (@TGTheTruth) April 11, 2017
— Zachary Fox (@zackfox) April 11, 2017