In our first edition of ‘What Went On’, we got five of the hottest celebrity news and releases compiled into easy-to-digest pieces here at JUICE for your daily dose of pop culture references.
• This particular Monday is cooler than most because over the weekend, Warner Bros released the full trailer for Justice League and we are having it. A follow-up to Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice under the direction of Zack Snyder once again, DC fans and non-fans are hoping that the real thing is as good as the trailer following criticism surrounding Batman v. Superman.
• Congratulations to Samira Wiley and her partner Lauren Morelli on their wedding! The woman behind everyone’s favourite character, Poussey, tied the knot with Orange is The New Black writer after meeting on set. Dressed in custom Christian Siriano ensemble, the happy couple walked to Justin Bieber’s ‘Baby’ on their special day.
• Drake is back at it again with a number one album, according to a source. Not even an actual album, the ‘playlist’ More Life topped the rapper’s previous stream records with album Views, which had 163,000 streams on the first week compared to More Life‘s 257,000. This is Drake’s seventh record to debut at #1.
• Liam Payne of One Direction is now a father of a baby boy! (Alongside girlfriend Cheryl Cole too, duh) The new and happy daddy confirmed the news with an Instagram post saying, “I’m incredibly happy to welcome our new baby boy into the world, it’s a moment that I will never forget for the rest of my life and my favourite memory I have so far.”
• Snoop Dogg will soon induct his late friend Tupac Shakur into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the 7 April ceremony in Brooklyn, New York. The rapper has always taken credit for bringing Tupac Shakur into Death Row Records, and bonded after a smoking session. It is also said that Snoop Dogg and possibly Dr. Dre would participate in a song-tribute to Shakur.