What Went On: Kristen Stewart As Coco Chanel & New Trailer For Heath Ledger’s Documentary
In today’s edition of ‘What Went On’, JUICE found out some precious news of a new palette release from Too Faced Cosmetics, a documentary of a beloved Aussie actor, and some hot entertainment news you can’t miss out on. Word got out that Kendall stirred controversy in her new advertisement too (sorry Kendall fans!). Read to find out why.
• Remember when Tom Hiddleston was rumoured to be the new James Bond? Nope, not happening. Daniel Craig – who didn’t want to play the iconic British character anymore – will be back to claim his role for the next James Bond film. Barbara Broccoli, the person behind the film franchise, commented that Tom Hiddleston isn’t tough enough for the role. Perhaps Daniel Craig’s blue eyes and suave will do the trick?
• After Heath Ledger’s death in 2008, everyone from film directors, friends, and fans alike found it hard to let go of the talented actor. So to continue the loving memory of Heath, a trailer for the documentary I am Heath Ledger gives us a peek into the actor’s life through personal footage recorded by Heath himself and interviews with people from the entertainment industry, namely director Ang Lee. Watch it the trailer below:
• A blonde Kendall Jenner is the star of a new Pepsi advertisement and citizens of the web-sphere aren’t taking it too well. The advert – which is made to capture “the moments when we decide to let go, choose to act, follow our passion and nothing holds us back” – shows us a poorly executed storyline made awkward by Kendall’s unnecessary appearances. Making money out of today’s protest climate is one corporate cooption of culture we won’t tolerate at all, Pepsi. Watch the ad below to find out what naysayers are talking about:
• Nobody would’ve guessed that there would come a day where Kristen Stewart aka. former Twilight star would play the legendary Coco Chanel. For the French brand’s latest bag ad campaign, Kristen is seen in short dark hair and a pair of smoky eyes with the star of the show, the Gabrielle bag. Named after mademoiselle Gabrielle Chanel herself, director Daniel Askill wanted to capture the raw energy and spirit of the fashion designer, who is also known for being extremely critical of herself.
• Renowned cosmetic brand Too Faced is expected to release another kawaii-esque product called the Clover Palette that will coincide with the brand’s new charity named the Too Faced Animal Rescue Fund. Named after Too Faced founder Jerrod Blandino’s dog, the Clover Palette will feature a cover design that is adorned by a cluster of adorable animals and vibrant shadow shades that are to die for.