Smirnoff Ice Malaysia is bringing what has become a festival staple, the Smirnoff House, to Malaysia – and though the activation’s local iteration isn’t amid the flurry of music and revelry that are festivals, it’s going to send two Malaysians and their respective partners to Electric Daisy Carnival 2017 (EDC2017) in Las Vegas. Cue unhinged excitement that would rival Smirnoff Ice’s Splendour in the Grass competition last year.
Images Insomniac Events
To the uninitiated, the Smirnoff House was previously erected in festivals the likes of Nocturnal Wonderland, HARD Summer, Splendour in the Grass, Creamfields, and of course, Electric Daisy Carnival. As an activation that brings the house party – the kind of no-frills private party you and your mates would spend at the beer pong table – back to the masses, it serves to revive the looseness and informality that dance music was made for in a time when bigger is (mistakenly thought) better. Naturally, Malaysia’s Smirnoff House Blackout Party, happening on Saturday 27 May at TREC, is open to everyone, provided you leave your wallflower-self by the door, wear neon, and are ready to party in the dark to the choons curated by DJs Mmmeng, Biggie, and Terence C.
To immerse yourself in the Smirnoff House experience – okay, okay, we know it’s really to possibly win a trip to EDC2017 – all you need to do is the below:
- Purchase a bucket of Smirnoff Ice at participating outlets (S I X, Artebar, TREC, Nagaba KL, Jiro Kuala Lumpur, SOJU SUNWAY, and Barfly Solaris Mont Kiara)
- Fill in the entry form that comes with the bucket of Smirnoff Ice (which includes the question “What does EDC stand for?”).
- Drop the form — with receipt attached to it — into the contest box available at all participating outlets.
- Check your email for two (2) e-tickets to the Smirnoff House Blackout Party. Admission will only granted to those who have RSVPed via the e-tickets.
- Attend the party to find out if you’re one of the two winners!
*Contest ends on Monday 22 May, strictly open to non-Muslim Malaysian citizens aged 21 years old and above only. For contest’s full T&C, click here.
Winners will win a trip for two (2) to EDC2017 in Las Vegas, which goes on from 16 to 18 June, worth approximately RM14,000. This includes a 5 days, 4 nights stay at a hotel of the organiser’s choice, return travel tickets plus travel insurance, two (2) EDC2017 VIP 3-day festival passes, EDC2017 shuttle tickets, and three (3) meals a day based on Smirnoff Ice Malaysia’s choosing.
Stay updated on the party here.