Video tapes or VHS was the way to go before VCDs and DVDs came along. Chances are, if you have a VHS player sitting at home, you’ll also have shelves of old movies on video tapes.
Now that everyone’s gone digital, you might be wondering to yourself: How do I get rid of all these moldy tapes?
Here are a few options:
– Cash ‘N’ Carry Stores: Most Cash ‘N’ Carry stores will accept donations of VHS tapes.
– Green Disk: Green Disk will recycle your old VHS tapes for you.
– Freecycle: Offer your VHS tapes on Freecycle and hope somebody else wants them.
– Make a scarecrow: A few commentators on RecycleThis claim that you can use VHS tapes to keep birds out of your garden. Snip the tape and unravel it. The fluttering, black tape will scare birds away.
– Knit With the Tape: Myrecycledbags.com has more than one example of a bag made out of old VHS tape.
Let’s keep the ball rolling. Post up any ideas you have on what to do with unwanted video tapes in the comments box below. Have fun!