Prank Backfires as 16-Year-Old Dies After Friend “Jokingly” Burns Sofa He Was Sleeping On

Thirsty for JUICE content? Quench your cravings on our Instagram, TikTok and WhatsApp
(source: The Sun Daily)

Most pranks are usually designed to be harmless, but sometimes these things could go wrong in a blink of an eye. What started as a joke between friends turned into a tragedy when one of them died in a fire at a public toilet yesterday (28 Aug) at Bandar Puncak Alam in Shah Alam.

According to Malay Mail, the incident occurred when three teenage boys were hanging out at what’s assumed to be a public abandoned toilet.

The 16-year-old victim, Muhamad Damin Mikhail Kansol was said to be sleeping on a small sofa in front of the toilet door while his two friends were playing a mobile game.

Things took a turn when one of his friends lit a fire under the sofa as a prank but the fire got bigger and smoke filled the toilet, forcing them to run out of it. The sleeping teenager then woke up and in a semi-conscious state, ran straight into the toilet where the fire presumably had spread.

(source: Utusan)

Selangor Fire and Rescue Department director Norazam Khamis said they received a call at 2.35 pm before a fire engine was rushed to the location. When they arrived, they found that the fire had been put out but discovered the charred remains of the teenager.

“We then removed the victim’s body… The body was then handed over to the police for further action,” he said in a statement Sunday night.

Juice WhatsApp banner