KRWD KNTRL by JHIN
Crowd control is a lost art in the dance scene. Every DJ thinks their set should just consist of constant peaks, with every track containing a drop – that’s not crowd control to me, that’s pandering to an audience and expecting them to go cray at every song’s mid-climax. Ideally crowd control should be the DJ playing conductor to a sea of punters, dictating their every move purely through a carefully chosen selection of tracks. This doesn’t necessarily mean getting their hands in the air, shouting “Wooooo,” while you do the Jesus pose like an entry-level Guetta – it means knowing how to warm up the crowd, relax them after a big drop, and play with a kaleidoscope of emotions on the dance floor.
KRWD KNTRL is my attempt at a mix that, while still hyped out, isn’t just dubstep drops and annoying wobbles. Featuring techno, house, and trap, this is the debut of my new self: JHIN.
01. Curses! – Deep in the night
02. Ill Blu – Tick Tok
03. Astronomar – Like This
04. Bassjackers & Apster – Brougham
05. Borgore – Wild Out (feat. Waka Flocka & Paige)
06. GTA – The Crowd
07. Flosstradamus – Mosh Pit
08. Flosstradamus & DJ Slink – Crowd Ctrl
09. BANKS – Fall Over (Djemba Djemba Remix)
10. Diplo – Express Yourself (Gents & Jawns Remix)
11. Kanye West – New Slaves (DJ Snake Remix)
12. Tinie Tempah – Trampoline (feat. 2 Chainz)
13. Rustie – Slasher (Flume edit)