‘Get Spooked!’ by Alexis G
Alexis G’s Halloween-themed mix is more geared towards a rave as opposed to a Halloween party – but then again, we’ve seen our fair share of scary costumes at raves as well. Jokes aside, Alexis includes popular dance tracks like Will Sparks & Timmy Trumpet’s ‘Roma’ and her own reboot of Rihanna’s ‘Bitch Better Have My Money’ versus EPTIC’s ‘The End’, which is the 15-minute playlist’s highlight… because Rihanna, duh. But pop’s not the only subject on her mind – JDG and Samual James’ ‘Mumbai’ makes that evident, it’s also the track that sounds vastly different from the others and we’ll let you guess why (the title of the track is a huge giveaway). With a scary monster, a beast, and leprechauns and unicorns closing the mix towards the end, homegirl definitely hasn’t forgotten the spooky and ghastly nature of the theme – though come this Saturday 31 October ’15 at Mai Bar, Aloft KL, you’re more likely to party with ‘em creatures of the night than anything else.
01. Will Sparks & Timmy Trumpet – ROMA
02. JDG x Samual James – Mumbai
03. Rihanna’s ‘Bitch Better Have My Money’ Vs. EPTIC’s ‘The End’ (Alexis G Reboot)
04. Tiësto & DallasK – Show Me
05. Skrillex x Zedd x Fast n Loud – Scary Monster In Tatanka (Koyote Edit)
06. Kronic & Lil Jon – Beast (feat. Senor Roar)
07. Dyro – Leprechauns & Unicorns
Alexis G will be playing a DJ set at the Halloween Edition of Aloft’s Tiki-themed bar, Mai Bar, this Saturday 31 October ‘15 at 9pm.