‘Songs About </3?!’ by The Shakes & Dae Kim
This mix includes some of our favourite romantic/breakup songs into one blend of love/emotional JUICE (pun intended). The name is derived from my (The Shakes) last beat tape and Dae’s upcoming album </3. February is the month of love for most people, yet this is going to be our first February that we’ll be going through it as a single individual (emo much? Lol). Hence, it caters to those who are in love or to those who are still looking for one. The symbol of the bird and the bee on the cover is the symbol of love; like love, you can expect that it’d hurt you as much it could comfort you.
(Explains why the bee is either doing the bird from behind OR it’s stinging the bird)
We promise you these songs you’re gonna listen are songs you can either get laid to or break up to.
Cover art by Omar Prazhari.
01. Elaquent – Recurring Dream
02. Ghost Loft – So High
03. Goldroom – Till Sunrise (feat. Mamals)
04. Young Wonder – Orange
05. Mura Masa – I’ll Be Alright (Tonight)
06. Goldroom – Fifteen (feat. Chela)
07. Ta-ku – I Miss You More (feat. Atu)
08. Ben Khan – Youth
09. Childish Gambino – Pop Thieves (Make It Feel Good)
10. Oceaán – Need U
11. Jodeci – Love U 4 Life
12. August Alsina – Kissin’ On My Tattoos
13. Pomo – Cloud Cruise
14. SevnthWonder – Look What You’ve Done
15. MMOTHS – For Her (feat. Young & Sick)
16. Cosmo’s Midnight – Lover’s Shadow
17. Takuya Hosogane – Vanishing Point, Geometry of Space