Feeling stressed out after a long day at work?
Wouldn’t it be great if you could just take a day off and head over to the spa?
Just imagine soaking your feet in a warm milk bath, followed by a relaxing facial, ending with a calming full body essential oil massage
Chances are, you may not have the luxury of spending an entire day at the spa. Nevertheless, this doesn’t mean you can’t pamper yourself a little.
Here are a few simple and natural DIY spa ideas you can do at home that will feel luxurious:
1. Make a soothing cucumber eye gel with just two ingredients
Who this is for: People with eye bags or tired eyes
There’s a reason why people put cucumber slices over their eyes. Cucumbers have an anti-inflammatory effect that helps reduce puffiness. Its high water content hydrates the skin and its cooling effect also soothes the skin around your eyes.
Here’s a natural eye gel recipe you can make at home:
- Use 5 to 8 tablespoons of organic aloe vera gel.
- Place half a large cucumber in the blender. Strain cucumber juice.
- Mix both ingredients until even, then refrigerate for an hour.
- And it’s ready! This eye gel can keep for up to six months in the fridge. Whenever you feel tired, just put a dab under your eyes and you’ll be good to go.
2. Revitalise your nails with this simple nail moisturiser
Who this is for: People with dry, brittle nails
Ever noticed how your nails become dry and brittle, especially after removing nail polish? Instead of using cuticle cream, consider using olive oil and honey. Olive oil helps repair damage and soften your nails, while honey is a natural moisturiser.
How to make it:
- Combine one teaspoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of honey.
- Apply this to your nails and cuticles.
- Wait for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it off.
3. Prepare a refreshing yoghurt banana face mask
Who this is for: People who want smoother skin
Greek yoghurt contains lactic acid, which exfoliates and smooths your skin. Bananas, on the other hand, are natural face masks! Just putting mashed bananas on your face will leave it feeling moisturised and smooth.
Add a few more ingredients, blend it altogether, and you’ll get a fun face mask:
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of buttermilk
- Half a banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
4. Rest your tired feet in this lemon peppermint foot soak
Who this is for: People with cracked skin and sore feet
After a long day at work, nothing feels better than soaking your feet into a warm lemon peppermint foot bath. The lemon will help exfoliate your skin and leave it feeling fresh again. Peppermint also helps relieve soreness and soothe your feet.
You can prepare it in less than five minutes:
- Fill a small tub with warm water.
- Add the juice of two freshly squeezed lemons, 5 to 8 peppermint oil drops, and 1 cup of Epsom salt to the water.
- Mix the ingredients and soak your feet as long as you want.
5. Pamper yourself with a luxurious rose petal bath
Who this is for: People who want to relax after a long day at work
If you want a luxurious experience without going to an actual spa, this is perfect for you. The natural oils in rose petals help your skin retain moisture, and the sugars in them are especially beneficial to those with sensitive skin. Plus, rose baths are also known to help you get rid of feelings of anxiety.
Here’s how to prepare it:
- Fill the warm bath at your desired temperature.
- Spread rose petals evenly in the bath.
- Feel free to add other ingredients like coconut oil, lavender oil, or rose oil to heighten the experience.
Pro Tip: You can try asking your local florist for loose rose petals.
6. Here’s a body scrub you can make with ingredients from your kitchen
Who this is for: People who want to brighten their skin and reduce redness
Who knew the same spices you use for cooking can also be applied to your skin? Thanks to its anti-inflammatory effects, turmeric is often used in skincare products to ease redness. In fact, it is also known to brighten the skin and lighten skin tone.
This is what you need to make it:
- 30 ounces of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 2 ounces of olive oil
- 0.6 ounces of ginger essential oil
Mix the sugar and turmeric powder evenly, before incorporating the oils in. Set the turmeric ginger body scrub aside in separate jars for future use.
7. Create your very own natural bath bomb at home
Who is this for: People who want to try bath bombs at home
Why get store-made bath bombs when you can make it yourself? All it takes is four ingredients to form the base of your bath bomb, and everything else is up to your imagination.
Here’s how to make the base of every bath bomb:
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 2 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
After mixing the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients in. Don’t worry if you see some fizz, it’s normal. Feel free to add in essential oils like peppermint, eucalyptus, or lavender. You can also throw in dried flower petals or natural dyes to spice things up.
Start forming the ingredients into balls, then place them into a muffin rack and leave to dry for at least three hours. And there you go, your DIY bath bombs are ready to go!
Ultimately, you can enjoy a luxurious spa experience in the comfort of your own home. All it takes is a little time and effort!
But if you don’t have time for these home spa ideas, try out LUX Botanicals body wash for the same pampering skin effect with no additional effort needed!
Introducing the new LUX Botanicals range made with 100% natural extracts. Besides that, LUX Botanicals is paraben free and uses 0% colourants. It is also made with sustainable ingredients and is bottled with 100% recyclable packaging.
Wash away the stress of everyday life and leave your skin beautifully soft and delicately fragrant. There are four scents to choose from, including:
LUX Botanicals: Skin Detox with Tea Tree Oil
Soothe your skin with the scent of freesia flowers and tea tree oil. Known for its anti-inflammatory benefits, tea tree oil gently cleanses and gives you smooth, clear skin.
LUX Botanicals: Skin Renewal with Geranium Oil
Made with fig extract and geranium oil, these natural ingredients come together to gently nurture your skin with moisture, leaving your skin feeling renewed every day.
LUX Botanicals: Bright Skin with Aloe Vera
Lift up your spirits with this joyful blend of sunflower and refreshing aloe vera. Allow your skin to brighten up with its original glow after every shower.
LUX Botanicals Glowing Skin with Gardenia and Honey
Embrace the beautiful scents of gardenia flowers with a gentle hint of honey, and enjoy the nourishing effects of honey that will give your skin the glow it deserves.
Shop for your favourite LUX Botanicals body wash at pharmacies, Guardian, Watsons, Caring, and ecommerce sites like Lazada, Shopee, and Hermo!
Find out more on their Instagram today!
This story was originally published on SAYS.