Unless you’ve been living under a rock you would know that Malaysia made groundbreaking history last Wednesday. The country went through a political revolution by overthrowing the long-dominating ruling party while Tun Dr Mahathir became the world’s oldest elected leader at 92. Seriously though, what is his skin care routine? 92 and the 7th elected Prime Minister, I don’t think anybody is ever allowed to complain about being tired or lazy ever again. Tun Mahathir DID THAT.
This year it was revealed that 41% of votes came from the 21-39 age bracket. The youth came out in droves to vote, but not without making a few memes. This is Malaysian millennial culture at its best.
Here are our favourites:
1. Get ready, it’s a long ride
2. A brief overview of GE14
3. If you know, you know
4. It was a slow night for PAS
5. Who can relate? :/
6. We were there in spirit
7. What waiting actually felt like
8. Did you know Bruno Mars sang in Malay?
(Source: Twitter @HSY_LL)
9. Well, she’s not wrong #10%
10. It’s okay we did good though!
11. To be really honest
13. Angry reacs only
14. Millennial culture in a nutshell
15. Always meme ready
17. We have unlocked the secret character – 2018 is for W’s only
18. Avengers: Infinity War spoilers – without context
19. Waking up on 10th May to a new Malaysia.
20. We love the political revolution.
21. Guess we don’t have any excuses to be lazy anymore, folks.
22. SMH at Malaysian lateness culture.
23. It was a long day waiting.
24. BN? Never heard of her.
25. Who else?
26. Hari Raya shopping anyone?
27. Malaysians memang laju for the meme.
28. Relationship GOALS forever.
29. Mat Sabu – an icon
30. How we all felt for the GE14 results
MAT SABU AFTER HE WAS ANNOUNCED TO BE THE MINISTER OF DEFENSE pic.twitter.com/3vxp4SGlDr
— Khabir (@KhabirM) May 12, 2018
31. Countdown to Ramadan feels
Dad waking you up for sahur: pic.twitter.com/kxtOr3ANCw
— Khabir (@KhabirM) May 10, 2018
32. Millennials love a good Vine reference #BringbackVine
i'm disappointed you didnt edited that w the try me bitch vine pic.twitter.com/hKXKeNhCFJ
— Menteri the office (@asghaff) May 12, 2018
33. Mat Sabu- a crowd favourite
in this house we stan mat sabu only 💕💞♥️✨💫❤️❣️💛🧡💚💙💜❣️💓💗💖💟💝 pic.twitter.com/2Hvrvc1Gcq
— babygirl (@sorecaity) May 12, 2018
34. Every other country will be shooketh
mat sabu’s cap pic.twitter.com/5tbqztMrCy
— afiq (@zingerburgers) May 12, 2018
35. The whole world is waiting for the answers
— amira (@mirorosz) May 9, 2018
36. You know this will be you in the future too.
37. Make history and memes – a mood forever
We hope you enjoyed this compilation of GE14 memes. If you don’t happen to be happy with the results…. well why wouldn’t you? We made history as a nation and the rakyat has spoken.
Which meme was your favourite? Let us know!